~ Designed For My Students, Friends and Family!
Worst Security Mistakes
- Opening attachments on e-mails from unknown and unexpected sources
- Not installing necessary and recommended security patches, such as for Office and Internet Explorer
- Installing games, screen savers, or other Internet downloaded programs without verifying that they are safe and do not contain viruses or Trojan horses
- Not making backups of their local data or not verifying and testing such backups when made
- Using a modem from their LAN client while still connected to the LAN without an Internet firewall and without organizational permission
- Using a password-saving utility to retain logon credentials for local, LAN and Internet sites